Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sometimes you just need to write...

So, I started my new job on the 13th of October. The people are really nice. But I really hate the job. It's not really my thing. If I had better training in this new area I may know what I am doing a little! For the most part I grasp what is going on! And what I need to do. But the trainers are really nice but to be honest they don't know how to train. It's frustrating. I left a job where I loved the people, liked the work and felt like I was finally getting comfortable with everyone and then.. BAM! I accepted a new job! The truth is my old department wasn't working me enough. Had they done that I would have stayed working over there. But due to the economy and more people e-filing my old department is going through some changes. I feel so bad for my friends working there. Many of them are going to be off the rest of the year in the next 2 or 3 weeks. A lot of them have been off since June. I feel very blessed that in my new area they only furlough maybe for 2 to 4 weeks a year. That is a doable furlough. However, some people who work in my old department have kids to support, christmas to buy, and bills to pay. I would have been okay financially had I not gone to this new area. Granted only working 7 months and 2 weeks in my other area it was making me have to stretch my unemployment quite far. My unit was so nice to me and got me a going away card, gift and a cake when I left. After I read my card I had to go in the bathroom and cry. I am so happy I can go and visit all my friends and still go on break and lunch with them. I am still applying for every job out there at the IRS (well the ones where I am qualified) And I hope I get something because... I don't really like the new job.

As the holidays approach I always get a little meloncholy. It's supposed to be the happiest time of the year. Well most the time it's the most depressing because I don't have a special someone. I am glad that I can buy gifts for family and friends and that gives me great joy! I would love to have a husband who I could spend the holidays with and have kids to share the holidays with.. Granted I have my family and friends to spend the holidays with...but there are those few things in my life that are missing. I am really shy around guys. And not so outgoing with them. I give up on the whole thing. But I am hopeful I will meet "the one" someday.. That sounds so corny but it's true. I know he's out there. I just need to find him...

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hang in there girl. Things get hard and then one day they will get better.