Sunday, October 17, 2010

So fed up.... WITH MEN!

So, I feel like I just wasted the last 6 almost 7 months of my life. I had been dating a guy. And well Thursday he had said something about hanging out this weekend. Well, I told him that he had been acting distant lately (which he had been). And I basically told him I have felt like I have been in the friend zone a while. And he said and I quote "We are friends. I really don't want more than that with anyone right now. But you are important to me. I apologize for being distant lately." For one, why had he been leading me on for months and telling me he likes me...and then says that. For two.. be man enough that you are ALMOST 30 and just say hey right now I am not looking for anything upfront. Instead of stringing my emotions a long for months. He will email me at work and act like nothing is wrong, so I had to send him an email that said.. let me clear my head and then maybe we can be friends in the near future. I am fed up with dating. Seriously. I am 29 and I feel like I have dated a lot of "young" guys who don't know what the heck they want.

I would like my friends to set me up with guys they think I would be compatible with rather than ones that I have nothing in common with. I really want to be in a relationship that leads to marriage. I am meeting all the wrong guys. It sucks. People keep saying

You gotta kiss a lot of frogs, to find your prince.

My response is...

You live in a fantasy world and have watched too many DISNEY movies.

My heart is broken and I feel sad...

3 comments:

Plaid Eggnog (aka Julie and Steve) said...

Kari, I'm so sorry things haven't turned out with this guy...that really sucks, and you deserve someone who will be honest with you. Hang in there, though, there is hope!! Let me tell you about a friend of mine...she's always wanted to get married, and she's a terrific girl, but she could never find the right guy. Like you, she wouldn't "settle" for just anyone, and so she was a long-time single. But now, in her early 40s, she's just gotten engaged! Her fiancé is a fantastic and mature guy, who really appreciates her, and I know they have a lifetime of great happiness ahead. For her, it was definitely worth the wait!

Kathy said...

Kari....haha, I love the whole "you watch too many Disney movies". Sadly, I have watched too many Disney movies and am a hopeless romantic.

I think that people should just say what they really mean and have the respect to not waste anyone's time. It's sad that people STILL do this.

I know you'll find the perfect man for you eventually....just keep meeting new people and putting yourself out there.

Kari said...

Thanks ladies.. I already have put myself back out there and subscribed to Match.com :)