Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My life as of late...

Well, I am finally starting to feel the pains of the economy. Yes, I have a great job. But, I can't work if congress doesn't pass the federal budget as a seasonal employee. It's really starting to piss me off. I make good money and I my sole provider. If I am not making money I am not able to pay my bills. Granted I get good unemployment but the crappy part is I owe taxes this year. And I HAVE TO PAY THEM ON TIME! Or I am totally screwed. I can lose my job. Yes, I am a little stressed.

January 24-29th I went and visited one of my best friends.. Cindy! I had a great time. And I am gonna make a point of seeing her a few times a year even if it going down on a weekend :). We had a lot of fun. I feel like whenever I see her that we just pick up where we left off. She claims that she is boring. But I love spending time with her! She is someone I aspire to be like!

The gym is going well. A couple weeks ago I took a week and a half break. I was sick and then went to Cindy's I am feeling great. I have a strong support system and that has been awesome.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Glad you are getting back to the gym! I hear you about the job thing. I hope you get to go back soon.

Bloxham family said...

That sucks about your job! I hope everything works out ok for you. So congo bars are like a blonde brownie. I am sure you have had one before. I know we use to get them all of the time in school lunches. I still to this day haven't found a receipe like school lunches though:( ....they were the best ever!!! Congrats on going to the guym I am proud of you!:)

Kari said...

I hope I do too Kathy. Being off work too long is DRIVING ME BATTY!!!!!!!!! :)

I hope it does too Jodie. It sucks working for the Federal Government and having to rely on congress to sign a budget so you can get back to work. LOL. I am sure I have had them. I just don't remember. If you can ever find the hamburger gravy recipe that they used to use at school let me know.. I can't ever make it the same!!!